A while back I started an illustrated quotes project. My goal was to fill my entire sketchbook with favorite quotes from all over the fandom/literary spectrum by the end of 2015. ALAS! As with most things in my life, that didn’t happen, but I did manage to fill a big chunk of it with some weird fonts and drawings.
My new goal is to finish this book by the end of 2016. I have faith in myself. I totally got this!
Here are some of my favorites so far:
1) Of course, it’s obvious that one of my first and favorites would be HP-related. If you didn’t notice by my previous post, Harry Potter is everything. Also, this specific quote explains the essence of my life.
2) This one is from my favorite TV show of all time, Doctor Who. If you like sci-fi, campy moments, time travel paradoxes, creepy angel monsters and friendship on friendship on friendship, you need to clear your calendar and spend the rest of your day/weekend/month/LIFE binging Doctor Who on Netflix.
3) I made this one while procrastinating at work and watching Jurassic Park (#TheOG) instead of planning my lessons. My poor students!
This movie was a formative part of my childhood though, so I regret nothing.
4) Fionna is 100% my spirit animal. Also, for all those nay sayers who say they are too old for cartoons: shame, SHAME!
Adventure Time is an amazing show filled with deep, dark moments that explore the nuances of human nature, destiny and loss. Also, it’s fun and colorful and all about the friendship, so there’s that.
5) The Nightmare Before Christmas is THE greatest Halloween movie of all time. Hands down. No doubt about it. I will argue to the death that it is not a Christmas movie. That’s just crazy talk.
P.S. “Jack’s Lament” is my favorite Nightmare Before Christmas song. It’s just perfection.
BONUS: No list is complete without a hearty Lord of the Rings quote and, of course, the BROTP to end them all, Frodo and Sam.
More artsy quotes to come. Got to get them rolling!